Volunteer Open Call Opportunity: Making Futures
The Making Futures team are seeking volunteers to attend Making Futures and support the delivery of the conference on Thursday 24 September and Friday 25 September 2015 at Mount Edgcumbe.
This is a great professional development opportunity to work alongside the conference team in a dynamic environment. Volunteers will be briefed in advance about their tasks and will be supported throughout the event.
The Making Futures conference will appeal to those who have an interest in the relationship between contemporary making, sustainability and social change, including artists, craftspeople, designers and design groups, curators, historians, theorists, campaigners, activists, and enterprises engaging in making and/or with makers.
Support tasks will include the following:
- Welcoming delegates to the conference.
- Manning the conference registration desk.
- Signposting delegates around the conference site.
- Handing out conference delegate packs.
- Guiding delegates to their conference ferry.
- Supporting the team so that Making Futures is a success.
At quieter times during the event, volunteers may have the opportunity to sit in on a stimulating presentation linked to the conference themes. This cannot be promised though as this will depend on the number we have attending the conference sessions.
To volunteer you must be available on the following two days: Thursday 24 September and Friday 25 September from 8am-6pm.
Skills and experience:
- Good communication skills.
- Good team working and the ability to work independently.
- Flexible approaches to work.
- Reliability and good timekeeping.
How to apply:
Please send your CV, including mobile and email contact details, and a brief statement of no more than 300 words outlining what interests you about the role and how you can contribute to Making Futures to: email@example.com
Deadline for applications: Friday 28 August 2015.
Please outline the following in your statement:
- Why you think you would be a strong candidate.
- Why you would like to be considered for the role and why it would benefit you.
- Any previous relevant experience you have in relation to the themes and nature of the conference.
- Any experience you have with working at events.
The conference team will be in contact with all applicants the week commencing 31 August.