14740913897 402291d21f b

Ready to apply to one of our creative courses? Find out how to make your application and prepare for a future career in the competitive creative industries. From UCAS codes to portfolio guidance, accommodation to funding - you’ll find quick links to everything you need as an International applicant on this page.

From our Undergraduate BA (Hons) Degree programmes and Extended Degrees to our Postgraduate Masters Degrees and our range of Pre-Degree study options, we offer something for everyone looking to further their artistic practice.

How to apply for our creative courses depends on the level of study for you. Applications for Undergraduate Degree programmes (unless part-time) are made via The Universities and Colleges Admissions Service (UCAS), a UK-based organisation whose main role is to operate the application process for British universities. Whilst for our Postgraduate programmes and Pre-Degree courses are made directly to Arts University Plymouth on our website.

From 5 October 2020, a new Student visa will replace the Tier 4 route. As an international student, you will need a Student visa which you can apply for online.

Student Route and Child Student Route replace Tier 4 route

  • The Student route, which falls under the UK's new points-based immigration system, improves on the previous Tier 4 route making for a more streamlined experience for both sponsoring institutions and students.
  • Visas that have been issued through the Tier 4 route are still valid and those eligible will still be able to apply for the Graduate Route when it opens in summer 2021.
  • The Graduate Route will be available to international students who have completed a degree at undergraduate level or above at a Higher Education Provider with a track record of compliance and who have a valid Student (or Tier 4) visa at the time of application.
  • More information about the UK’s new points-based immigration system can be found here. Further guidance for EU, EEA and Swiss students, who from 1 January will need to comply with the new system can be found here.
  • EU, EEA and Swiss citizens resident in the UK before 31 December should apply to the EU settlement scheme.

EU, EEA and Swiss students resident in the UK by 31 December.

EU, EEA and Swiss students resident in the UK by 31 December 2020 should not apply for a Student visa through the new points-based immigration system. They, and their family members, are eligible to apply to the EU Settlement Scheme. Those residents here by 31 December 2020 have until 30 June 2021 to do so. More information on the EU Settlement Scheme can be found here.

For more information, please visit the UK Council for International Student Affairs website or you can contact our Admissions team for step-by-step guidance.

49203635537 1f0849e179 k

Once we’ve received your application, we will set up your interview: if you are living overseas this will be an online or telephone interview, but if you are currently in education in the UK we will ask that you attend an interview in person. Either way, you can meet an experienced member of academic staff who will talk you through the course. All of our courses require a portfolio of work before any decision can be made on an offer of a place; this should be a range of work demonstrating your artistic ability and potential. If you’re successful, we’ll send you a letter offering you a place.

We often use Google Hangout, Zoom and Whatsapp to hold a conversation with international applicants, please let us know if you have a preferred means of contact.

MA Printmaking 1

Our Admissions Team is here to help you prepare for your stay and give you practical advice about living in the UK: for more information please email international@aup.ac.uk, call us 01752 203400 or WhatsApp us on 07722 744184.